This website, www.plprimarystars.com (the “Website”), is operated by the Football Association Premier League Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 02719699 with registered office at
Brunel Building, 57 North Wharf Road, London, W2 1HQ . Our VAT number is 672 6255 22.
We may change these terms at any time by amending this page. Please check this page regularly to take notice of any such changes as you will be deemed to accept them through your continued use of the Website.
We aim to update the Website regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to the Website, or close it indefinitely. We will not be liable if for any reason the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. Any of the material on the Website may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
The Website is protected by copyright, database rights and other intellectual property and related rights ("Rights") which are owned by us and our suppliers. All such Rights are reserved.
You may download and print material from the Website as is reasonable for formal educational purposes only.
You must not use the Website or any of its content in any other way, including (but not limited to):
If you print off, copy or download any part of the Website in breach of these terms, your right to use the Website will cease immediately and you must return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made at our request.
By submitting and/or posting messages, suggestions or any other material (including any text, photographs, graphics, video and audio) to us or the Website you are granting us a perpetual royalty free non-exclusive licence to reproduce, modify, translate, make available, distribute and sub-license the message/suggestion/material in whole or in part and in any form anywhere in the world and in any way we choose (including, but not limited to, via the Website or our social media channels). By submitting such material, you warrant that you are the owner of all the relevant intellectual property rights in relation to the submitted material. Any materials you provide to us shall be regarded as non-confidential.
By submitting any messages, suggestions or materials to the Website you also waive all of the moral rights that you have under Chapter IV of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 and in any other laws now or in the future in force in any part of the world and grant us any consent required therein to utilise any such material.
If you do not wish to grant us the rights set out above, please do not submit contributions to the Website.
From time to time we may run or host competitions, free prize draws and promotions on the Website. In each case these will be subject to additional competition terms and conditions which will be made available on the Website. Any competition, free prize draw and/or promotion run or hosted by us will only be open to educational institutions in England and Wales who teach children aged 5 to 11.
These terms and conditions apply to the Refer a colleague 20/21 promotion.
The winner for the Refer a colleague promotion 19/20 has been notified and a date for Premier League Trophy visit will be arranged in January 2021.
These terms and conditions apply to the Stay connected poetry challenge promotion.
These terms and conditions apply to the Spread kindness challenge promotion.
Rules for entry
These terms and conditions apply to the Premier League Writing Stars competition. The promoters are the Football Association Premier League Limited, Brunel Building, 57 North Wharf Road, London, W2 1HQ (the "Promoter").
1. The competition is open to all primary schools in England and Wales for pupils between the ages of 5 to 11 years (Key Stage 1 and 2) excluding employees of the Promoter and their immediate families that are registered users with the Premier League Primary Stars programme.
2. Entry to the competition is free.
3. Enter the competition by submitting entries by a pupil or pupils from your school aged between 5–11 years. Entries should be submitted via the online entry form or by post to: Premier League Writing Stars Competition, Profile Printing Ltd, The Loom, 14 Gowers Walk, London E1 8PY.
4. The competition opens on: Tuesday 4 February 2020 and ends:1700 on Friday 20 March 2020. No entries will be accepted after this date.
5. There is no limit on the number of entries a school submits, but only one entry can be submitted per pupil.
6. Entries can be submitted in a number of formats including PDF, image file or hard copy. Written pieces should be no more than 150 words or 20 lines.
7. Entries can be submitted in either English or Welsh language. Welsh language poetry will be judged separately with the help of Literature Wales and a Welsh-speaking judge.
8. All poems must be submitted on Entry activity sheets and pupil name, year, teacher and school must be written in the space provided.
9. All schools entering pupils for the competition must have completed the online form or a Class Entry Form (KS1 or KS2) if submitting by post. This form:
I. requires a member of staff in the school to provide their contact details
II. requires a member of staff in the school to provide the first name and surname initial of the pupils they are entering into the competition
III. requires at least one teacher from the school to be registered on Premier League Primary Stars at the time of submission
IV. requires a member of staff to agree for any entries submitted by pupils to be potentially included as examples of good writing in future publications by the promoters. The Premier League will contact the school should a pupil's entry be selected for this reason and will discuss how the entry will be used. The promoters will not utilise any entries following the competition without the school's full approval.
10. Incomplete, illegible or corrupt entries, or those not in accordance with entry instructions, will not be accepted.
11. No responsibility is accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any postal problems or network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind, or where postage is not paid in full. Proof of entry will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
12. Entrants who do not give correct details or those who make an entry on someone else's behalf will be disqualified.
13. No entries from agents, third parties, organised groups or entries automatically generated by a computer will be accepted. Incomplete or illegible entries or those not in accordance with the entry instructions will not be accepted.
15. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for names, addresses or email addresses spelt incorrectly by entrants.
16. If you have problems submitting your entry please email firstname.lastname@example.org
17. Entries must not:
a. Be violent, negative or/and discriminative of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or obscene;
b. Promote or be about the use of illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons, and any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message;
c. Be offensive or be about hate;
d. Defame, misrepresent or contain negative remarks about the Promoter or its products or other people, products or companies;
e. Contain commercial names or trademarks owned by others or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, email addresses or street addresses;
f. Contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media or musical 'samples') without permission.
g. Contain materials embodying photographs, footage or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead without permission.
h. Communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Promoter wishes to associate;
i. Depict and cannot itself be in violation of any law.
j. Any inappropriate or offensive material may be reported to the appropriate authorities.
k. Entries will be automatically reviewed and moderated for content before being judged, however, such review does not relieve you from responsibility for compliance with these Terms and Conditions. Any Entry that is found, at any time, not in compliance with these Terms and Conditions or that otherwise contain prohibited or inappropriate content as determined by the Promoter, in its sole discretion, will be disqualified. The Promoter shall have the sole and final determination as to which entries are eligible to take part in this Promotion and no correspondence will be entered into.
18. Entries will be judged in two age categories: Key Stage 1 (Years 1 and 2) and Key Stage 2 (Years 3, 4, 5 and 6), and two language categories: English and Welsh. A judging panel will select one overall prize winner for Key Stage 1 and 2 as well as a number of regional winners and a Welsh winner at both Key Stage 1 and 2. The judges' decision is final.
Prizes and winner notification
19. The prizes:
Prizes for overall winners:
A Premier League Trophy visit to your school and a visit to your school by a children’s author or poet to lead a poetry workshop
Prizes for regional and Welsh winners and overall winners:
Poems published in an official Premier League Writing Stars book with bespoke illustrations
An invitation to a celebration event and the chance to meet other poets and special guests
A framed version of their winning poem
Poetry book bags for all winners’ schools (books in the book bags may be different from the ones shown in the photo on the Competitions page).
Schools due to receive the book bags will be notified but should expect a delay due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
20. The prizes are non-transferable and non-exchangeable. However, in the event of unforeseen circumstances, the promoter reserves the right to offer alternative prizes of equal value.
21. The schools of the winning pupils will be contacted and sent a prize acceptance form electronically. Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, exact dates will be confirmed with schools once schools reopen. The prize acceptance form will require the schools to give permission on behalf of the winners' parent/guardians for the winners' first name, school and home town to be used for publicity purposes. The prize acceptance forms must be returned within one week. If it is not received by this date, new winners, and therefore new winning schools, will be selected.
22. The winners will be formally announced and the names of the winning schools will be available on request from the end of May 2020. Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, this date is subject to change. We will be in contact with the winning schools once schools reopen.
23. There are no cash or other prize alternatives available in whole or in part.
24. The prizes may be subject to change. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute similar alternatives of equal or greater value or to remove a prize. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Promoter the prizes will only be awarded directly to the winners. Prizes cannot be sold or auctioned or otherwise transferred to a third party.
25. The winning school and poets may be required to participate in publicity arising from this competition.
26. The entry may involve participating at an event that may be filmed and photographed by various film crews. Usage will include all audio-visual media in perpetuity.
a. The Promoter will deliver an information pack to the winning school including release forms for parents to sign allowing permission for this filming.
b. In the instance that a parent does not wish their child to be filmed at the event, they must make this clear in the release form and return this to the Promoter in advance of the event so that the organisers can ensure this wish is adhered to by third party film crews on the day.
27. By entering the Promotion, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the Promotion rules and consent to the transfer of their personal data to the Data Controller, for the purposes of the administration of this Promotion. All entry instructions form part of the rules.
28. The promoter accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered as a result of entering this competition or accepting the prize. Nothing shall exclude the liability of the promoter for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
29. Teachers are required to provide pupils' first name and surname initial in order to enter them in the competition. This data will be used solely to administer the competition and will be destroyed in November 2020, following the winner claiming their prize.
30. Teachers are required to provide their contact details in order to enter the competition on behalf of their pupils. Teachers will be given the opportunity to opt-out of receiving further information, not related to the competition, from the Premier League.
31. The Premier League may in their absolute discretion modify, amend, cancel or suspend these terms and conditions at any time if they deem necessary or if circumstances arise beyond their control.
32. The Premier League reserve the right in their absolute discretion to disqualify from this competition any entrant who they believe has not complied with these terms and conditions or acted in good faith.
33. All promotion entries and any accompanying material submitted to the Promoter or arising out of the entrant's involvement in the promotion will become the property of the Promoter on receipt or creation and will not be returned. By submitting your promotion entry and any accompanying material, you agree to:
a. assign to the Promoter all your intellectual property rights with full title guarantee; and
b. waive all moral rights, in and to your promotion entry and otherwise arising in connection with your entry to which you may now or at any time in the future be entitled under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 as amended from time to time and under all similar legislation from time to time in force anywhere in the world.
34. The promoters' decisions are final in all matters relating to this promotion and no correspondence will be entered into.
35. These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
These terms and conditions apply to the Teacher Reward Scheme badges promotion for schools 20/21.
This promotion is taking place between 2 September 2020 and 20 July 2021.
The winning school for the Teacher Reward Scheme 19/20 has been notified and a Premier League Trophy visit will be arranged with the school in January 2021.