This website, www.plprimarystars.com (the “Website”), is operated by the Football Association Premier League Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 02719699 with registered office at 30 Gloucester Place, London, W1U 8PL. Our VAT number is 672 6255 22.
We may change these terms at any time by amending this page. Please check this page regularly to take notice of any such changes as you will be deemed to accept them through your continued use of the Website.
We aim to update the Website regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to the Website, or close it indefinitely. We will not be liable if for any reason the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. Any of the material on the Website may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
The Website is protected by copyright, database rights and other intellectual property and related rights ("Rights") which are owned by us and our suppliers. All such Rights are reserved.
You may download and print material from the Website as is reasonable for formal educational purposes only.
You must not use the Website or any of its content in any other way, including (but not limited to):
If you print off, copy or download any part of the Website in breach of these terms, your right to use the Website will cease immediately and you must return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made at our request.
By submitting and/or posting messages, suggestions or any other material (including any text, photographs, graphics, video and audio) to us or the Website you are granting us a perpetual royalty free non-exclusive licence to reproduce, modify, translate, make available, distribute and sub-license the message/suggestion/material in whole or in part and in any form anywhere in the world and in any way we choose (including, but not limited to, via the Website or our social media channels). By submitting such material, you warrant that you are the owner of all the relevant intellectual property rights in relation to the submitted material. Any materials you provide to us shall be regarded as non-confidential.
By submitting any messages, suggestions or materials to the Website you also waive all of the moral rights that you have under Chapter IV of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 and in any other laws now or in the future in force in any part of the world and grant us any consent required therein to utilise any such material.
If you do not wish to grant us the rights set out above, please do not submit contributions to the Website.
From time to time we may run or host competitions, free prize draws and promotions on the Website. In each case these will be subject to additional competition terms and conditions which will be made available on the Website. Any competition, free prize draw and/or promotion run or hosted by us will only be open to educational institutions in England and Wales who teach children aged 5 to 11.
These terms and conditions apply to the Promotion for families taking place between 19 April and 1 June 2018.
Reasonable skill and care has been used in producing the Website but it is only designed for general information purposes. No guarantee is given by us or our suppliers that the Website (including any statistics contained on the Website) is accurate, complete or up-to-date. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on the content of the Website by you, or by anyone who may be informed of the Website’s contents.
The Website contains links to other websites and services operated by parties independent to us. We take reasonable precautions in selecting these however we do not endorse or take responsibility for the content or availability of these websites and cannot accept any liability for any material contained within them or for your use of them or any use of your personal data collected by their operators. If you decide to access linked websites you do so at your own risk and we encourage you to read the privacy statements applicable to each specific website.
We and our suppliers take reasonable precautions to prevent computer viruses, trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, corrupted files, or any other items that may damage the operation of computers or property or otherwise engage in computer misuse ("Malicious Programmes") on the Website but cannot accept any liability for them. You are advised to take precautions against such Malicious Programmes, including the use of suitable protective software.
You must not misuse the Website by knowingly introducing Malicious Programmes. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Website, the server on which the Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Website. You must not attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the Website will cease immediately.
Pupils will be able to access content that is behind log in on the site via a class code which is issued to them by their teacher. They will be able to use this to log in to the site and access packs of resources that teachers have assigned to them.
If it is school policy that it is a requirement to gather individual parental consent for pupil use of a website as detailed above, a pre-prepared take home letter is available to download from the website for this purpose. It is the teacher’s responsibility to gather parental consent if it is required by their establishment.
Except in the case of death or personal injury caused by our negligence or any wilful act, to the fullest extent permitted by law we exclude all liability to you in respect of your use of the Website.
If you have any comments or questions about the Website please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. This Premier League Primary Stars promotion (the “Promotion) is run by the Football Association Premier League Limited, 30 Gloucester Place, London, W1U 8PL (the “Promoter”).
2. The Promotion is open to the immediate family members or carers, aged 18 years old or over, of pupils attending primary school educational institutions in England and Wales who teach children aged 5 to 11.
3. The following are excluded from entering the Promotion:
a. employees of the Promoter or its holding or subsidiary companies;
b. employees of agents or suppliers of the Promoter or its holding or subsidiary companies, who are professionally connected with the Premier League Primary Stars programme; and
c. members of the immediate families of (a) or (b) above.
4. Entry to the Promotion is free. Family members enter on behalf of a school by nominating that school through the online process. They can nominate only once. Registered teachers are not able to nominate the school they teach in. To enter the promotion, family members must search for and select their school, complete their contact details, agree to these terms and conditions and submit. The nominated school will then be contacted and invited to register for Premier League Primary Stars. Schools that are already registered or which register before the Closing Date will automatically be entered to win a prize.
5. The Promotion is open for entries (parent/carer nominations) from 12:00 noon on 19 April 2018 (the “Opening Date”) until 12:00 midnight on 1 June 2018 (the “Closing Date”). All entries (parent nominations) and school registrations must be submitted through the online process described above by no later than 12:00 midnight on the Closing Date. All entries received after the Closing Date are automatically disqualified.
6. The main prize is a visit to one nominated school by the Premier League Trophy and a book box for the nominating parent/carer.
7. The Prize is non-transferable and non-refundable and no cash alternative or prize alternatives are available.
9. The school chosen as the winner (the “Winning School”) will be contacted to accept their Prize and arrange delivery of the item or experience they have won. If the Winning School is unable to arrange any visit on the date chosen, it may be allocated to another school. The family member who nominated the Winning School will be contacted by email.
10. The Promoter will send the name and county of the Winning School to anyone who writes within one month after the Closing Date of the promotion requesting details of the Winning School.
11. The Prize may be subject to change. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute similar alternatives of equal or greater value. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Promoter the Prize will only be awarded directly to the winner. The Prize cannot be sold or auctioned or otherwise transferred to a third party.
12. Final selection of the Winning School will be made by the Promoter between 1 June and the end of June 2018. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into except with the Winning School, to confirm their Prize. The Prize will be delivered as soon as possible, but in any event no later than the end of September 2018.
13. The Promoter shall have sole and final determination as to which submissions are eligible to take part in this Promotion and no correspondence will be entered into regarding eligibility.
14. Entrants who do not give correct details or those who make an entry on someone else’s behalf will be disqualified. No entries from agents, third parties, organised groups or entries automatically generated by a computer will be accepted. Entries not in accordance with the entry instructions will not be accepted.
16. The Promoter does not accept:
a. responsibility for entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including for example, as a result of any postal failure, equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind;
b. responsibility for entries that contain names, addresses or email addresses spelt incorrectly; or
c. proof of posting or transmission as proof of receipt of entry to the Promotion.
17. The Promoter's decision regarding all promotional matters is final and no correspondence will be entered into on this subject.
18. All promotion entries and any accompanying material submitted to the Promoter or arising out of the entrant’s involvement in the promotion will become the property of the Promoter on receipt or creation and will not be returned. By submitting your promotion entry and any accompanying material, you agree to:
a. assign to the Promoter all your intellectual property rights with full title guarantee; and
b. waive all moral rights,
in and to your promotion entry and otherwise arising in connection with your entry to which you may now or at any time in the future be entitled under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 as amended from time to time and under all similar legislation from time to time in force anywhere in the world.
19. Entry into the Promotion may involve participating in publicity arising from this Promotion.
20. Entry into the Promotion may involve participating at an event that may be filmed and photographed by various film crews. All printed and/or visual and/or audio-visual material created from such event and all intellectual property rights, including copyright, arising from such materials shall be the exclusive property of the Promoter. The Promoter shall be entitled to use such materials without limit in time, but always subject to national child protection regulations and provided that:
a. the Promoter will deliver an information pack to the Winning Schools including release forms for parents to sign allowing permission for this filming and photography; and
b. in the instance that a parent does not wish their child to be filmed or photographed at the event, the parent must make this clear in the release form and return this to the Promoter in advance of the event so that the organisers can ensure this wish is adhered to by third party film crews on the day.
21. By entering the Promotion, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these Terms and Conditions and consented to the transfer of their personal data to the Promoter, for the purposes of the administration of this Promotion. All entry instructions form part of these Terms and Conditions.
22. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss, damage or consequential damage of any nature whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise caused by acceptance of these Terms and Conditions or in connection with the Promotion (to the fullest extent permissible by law).
23. The Promoter reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify and withhold the Prize(s) of any individual found to be tampering with the operation of the Promotion or website or to be acting in any manner deemed by the Promoter to be in violation of these Terms and Conditions. The Promoter reserves the right to ask entrants for their details in verifying any entries or a win.
24. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any point during the Promotion if circumstances outside its reasonable control make this necessary in the sole discretion of the Promoter. Any amendments will be explained at the top of these Terms and Conditions.
25. In the event that any provision of these Terms and Conditions is held to be unlawful, invalid, void or otherwise unenforceable, it shall be severed from the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions which shall continue in full force and effect.
26. These Terms and Conditions and any issues or disputes which may arise out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions or the Promotion shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Entrants hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts to settle any such dispute or issues.
27. This site is owned and operated by the Promoter. Everything you see on this site is protected by copyright or other intellectual property rights. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, post, transmit or distribute the contents of this site including text and images (save as specifically provided in accordance with these Terms and Conditions). Any unauthorised use of the images could violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity and communications regulations and statutes.
28. You browse the site at your own risk. Neither the Promoter, nor any third party involved in creating, producing or delivering the site is liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising out of your access to, or use of the site. Without limit to the foregoing, everything on the site is provided to you “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
29. Please note that some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, and so some of the above exclusions may not apply to you. Check your local laws for restrictions regarding the exclusion of implied warranties.
30. The Promoter assumes no responsibility and shall not be liable for any damage to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing the site. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for acts or default of third party suppliers of Prizes.
31. The Promoter will not be liable for any person not being able to enter the Promotion for any reason, including without limitation, system failures, network error, site being down, hacks on the system or personal computer issues. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify from the Promotion, any entrant suspect of fraud, cheating, or otherwise acting dishonestly in the opinion of the Promoter.
32. Entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
Rules for entry
These terms and conditions apply to the Premier League Writing Stars competition. The promoters are the Football Association Premier League Limited, 30 Gloucester Place, London, W1U 8PL (the "Promoter")
1. The competition is open to all primary schools in England and Wales for pupils between the ages of 5 to 11 years (Key Stage 1 and 2) excluding employees of the Promoter and their immediate families that are registered users with the Premier League Primary Stars programme.
2. Entry to the competition is free.
3. Enter the competition by submitting entries by a pupil or pupils from your school aged between 5–11 years. Entries should be submitted via the online entry form or by post to: Premier League Writing Stars Competition, PO Box 556, Orbital Park, ASHFORD, TN23 9UX
4. The competition opens on 28 September 2017 and ends at 1700 on 22 December 2017. No entries will be accepted after this date.
5. There is no limit on the number of entries a school submits, but only one entry can be submitted per pupil.
6. Entrants can be submitted in a number of formats including PDF, Word document, PowerPoint, image file or hard copy. Written pieces should be no more than 150 words or 20 lines.
I. requires a member of staff in the school to provide their contact details
II. requires a member of staff in the school to provide the names of the pupils they are entering into the competition
III. requires at least one teacher from the school to be registered on Premier League Primary Stars at the time of submission
IV. requires a member of staff to agree for any entries submitted by pupils to be potentially included as examples of good writing in future publications by the promoters. The Premier League will contact the school should a pupil's entry be selected for this reason and will discuss how the entry will be used. The promoters will not utilise any entries following the competition without the school's full approval.
8. Incomplete, illegible or corrupt entries, or those not in accordance with entry instructions, will not be accepted.
9. No responsibility is accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any postal problems or network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind, or where postage is not paid in full. Proof of entry will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
10. Entrants who do not give correct details or those who make an entry on someone else's behalf will be disqualified.
11. No entries from agents, third parties, organised groups or entries automatically generated by a computer will be accepted. Incomplete or illegible entries or those not in accordance with the entry instructions will not be accepted.
13. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for names, addresses or email addresses spelt incorrectly by entrants.
14. If you have problems submitting your entry please email email@example.com
15. Entries must not:
a. Be violent, negative or/and discriminative of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or obscene;
b. Promote or be about the use of illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons, and any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message;
c. Be offensive or be about hate;
d. Defame, misrepresent or contain negative remarks about the Promoter or its products or other people, products or companies;
e. Contain commercial names or trademarks owned by others or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, email addresses or street addresses;
f. Contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media or musical 'samples') without permission.
g. Contain materials embodying photographs, footage or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead without permission.
h. Communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Promoter wishes to associate;
i. Depict, and cannot itself be in violation of any law.
j. Any inappropriate or offensive material may be reported to the appropriate authorities.
k. Entries will be automatically reviewed and moderated for content before being judged, however such review does not relieve you from responsibility for compliance with these Terms and Conditions. Any Entry that is found, at any time, not in compliance with these Terms and Conditions or that otherwise contain prohibited or inappropriate content as determined by the Promoter, in its sole discretion, will be disqualified. The Promoter shall have sole and final determination as to which entries are eligible to take part in this Promotion and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. Entries will be judged in two age categories: Key Stage 1 (Years 1 and 2) and Key Stage 2 (Years 3, 4, 5 and 6). A judging panel will select one overall national prize winner for each category and a number of regional winners. The judges' decision is final.
Prizes and winner notification
17. The prizes:
The national winners will receive:
The national and regional winners will receive:
18. The prizes are non-transferable and non-exchangeable. However, in the event of unforeseen circumstances the promoter reserves the right to offer alternative prizes of equal value.
19. The schools of the winning pupils will be notified and sent a prize acceptance form electronically during February 2018. The prize acceptance form will require the schools to give permission on behalf of the winners' parent/guardians for the winners' first name, school and home town to be used for publicity purposes. The prize acceptance forms must be returned within one week. If it is not received by this date, new winners, and therefore new winning schools, will be selected.
20. The winners will be formally announced by the end of February 2018 and the names of the winners will be available on request from this date.
21. There are no cash or other prize alternatives available in whole or in part.
22. The prizes may be subject to change. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute similar alternatives of equal or greater value or to remove a prize. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Promoter the prizes will only be awarded directly to the winners. Prizes cannot be sold or auctioned or otherwise transferred to a third party.
23. The winning school may be required to participate in publicity arising from this competition.
24. The entry may involve participating at an event that may be filmed and photographed by various film crews. Usage will include all audio-visual media in perpetuity.
a. The Promoter will deliver an information pack to the winning school including release forms for parents to sign allowing permission for this filming.
b. In the instance that a parent does not wish their child to be filmed at the event, they must make this clear in the release form and return this to the Promoter in advance of the event so that the organisers can ensure this wish is adhered to by third party film crews on the day.
25. By entering the Promotion, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the Promotion rules and consent to the transfer of their personal data to the Data Controller, for the purposes of the administration of this Promotion. All entry instructions form part of the rules.
26. The promoter accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered as a result of entering this competition or accepting the prize. Nothing shall exclude the liability of the promoter for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
27. Teachers are required to provide pupils' names in order to enter them in the competition. This data will be used solely to administer the competition and will be destroyed in July 2018, following the winner claiming their prize.
28. Teachers are required to provide their contact details in order to enter the competition on behalf of their pupils. Teachers will be given the opportunity to opt-out of receiving further information, not related to the competition, from the Premier League.
29. The Premier League may in their absolute discretion modify, amend, cancel or suspend these terms and conditions at any time if they deem necessary or if circumstances arise beyond their control.
30. The Premier League reserve the right in their absolute discretion to disqualify from this competition any entrant who they believe has not complied with these terms and conditions or acted in good faith.
31. All promotion entries and any accompanying material submitted to the Promoter or arising out of the entrant's involvement in the promotion will become the property of the Promoter on receipt or creation and will not be returned. By submitting your promotion entry and any accompanying material, you agree to:
a. assign to the Promoter all your intellectual property rights with full title guarantee; and
b. waive all moral rights, in and to your promotion entry and otherwise arising in connection with your entry to which you may now or at any time in the future be entitled under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 as amended from time to time and under all similar legislation from time to time in force anywhere in the world.
32. The promoters' decisions are final in all matters relating to this promotion and no correspondence will be entered into.
33. These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.